According to Nevada law regarding fake IDs, it is unlawful for an individual to possess, sell or transfer any document or personal identifying information for the purpose of establishing a false identity, license, status, membership, or occupation for himself or herself or any other person. In other words, it is illegal for anyone to have or sell any type of personal identification to pass himself or herself or another individual off as someone he or she is not.
Common situations that involve fake IDs include:
- An underage individual using a fake driver’s license to claim he or she is 21 years of age
- A dealer selling or distributing fake IDs to others
- A thief using a counterfeit back card to access another person’s money without consent
- An undocumented alien using fake naturalization papers to obtain work benefits only available to legal immigrants
Day Youtube 30 Pride discussion Prejudice And Penalties for Possessing a Fake ID
If a person possesses a fake ID to make himself or herself appear old enough to consume or purchase alcohol or cigarettes, or gamble, then he or she is charged with a misdemeanor. The misdemeanor charge is punishable by a maximum jail sentence of six months and fines of up to $1,000.
If a person possesses a fake ID for the purpose of credit card fraud, forgery, or online fraud, it is a category C felony, punishable by a maximum prison sentence of 10 years and a fine of up to $1,000. For any other reasons, possessing a fake ID is a category E felony that results in a maximum prison sentence of four years and a fine of up to $5,000.
Selling or Transferring Fake ID
Selling or giving away a fake ID to establish a false age of 21 or older to drink, buy cigarettes, or gamble is a gross misdemeanor. This type of misdemeanor is punishable by a maximum jail sentence of 364 days and fines of up to $2,000.
The following is subject to a category B felony, which results in a maximum prison sentence of 20 years and fines of up to $10,000:
- Selling or giving away the personal identifying information of an individual 60 or older or a vulnerable person
- And discussion 30 Youtube Pride Prejudice Day 30 discussion Pride Youtube Day And Prejudice As a result of selling or giving away personal identifying information, causing another individual to suffer a financial loss or injury of 3,000
- Selling or giving away the personal information of five or more individuals
Prejudice discussion Day 30 And Pride Youtube Otherwise, selling or transferring identifying information for the purpose of establishing a false identity is a category C felony. This type of felony results in a maximum prison sentence of 10 years and fines of up to $10,000.
If you are being accused of possessing or selling a fake ID in Nevada, contact Turco & Draskovich and schedule a free consultation with our Las Vegas legal team today.